Hey Cap & Ballers,
We’re so excited to report that we received a stellar twenty-three submissions for potential spring shows! Below is the list of the plays and musicals proposed. If you want to know more about any or all of them (and we hope you do!), please shoot an email to email@example.com and we’ll send you the document with the full proposal for each show.
The submissions, in the order that we received them, are the following:
1. Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
2. Is He Dead? By Mark Twain, adapted by David Ives
3. Villagers by Colin Killick ‘12
4. Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
5. Steel Magnolias by Robert Harling
6. Lysistrata by Aristophanes
7. Tigers Be Still by Kim Rosenstock
8. Becky Shaw by Gina Gionfriddo
9. Edges: A Song Cycle by Pasek and Paul
10. The Little Prince: A Musical, Novella by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, to be adapted into a musical, music by Michelle J. Rodriguez ‘12
11. East o’ the Sun and West o’ the Moon: A Musical, a Norwegian folktale. To be adapted into a musical, music by Michelle J. Rodriguez ’12
12. Young Abe: The Musical, to-be-adapted into a musical, music by Michelle J. Rodriguez ‘12
13. Urinetown by Mark Hollmann
14. Assassins by Stephen Sondheim
15. Cabaret by Chris Isherwood
16. God by Woody Allen
17. The Mistakes Madeleine Made by Elizabeth Meriwether
18. The Fantasticks by Harvey Schmidt and Tom Jones
19. Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine
20. The Credeaux Canvas by Keith Bunin
21. Crimes of the Heart by Beth Henley
22. The Flight of Icarus by Raymond Queneau
23. It’s Only Life by John Bucchino
Once you’ve read over the submissions descriptions, think about which ones you’re most excited about seeing, and more importantly, being involved in. Then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the ranking of your top 10 favorites and include positions in which you are interested for each play or project. Note that for the musicals we are particularly interested in musical directors and for the plays in interested directors.
1. Metamorphoses–actor, lighting designer
2. The Pillowman–director
3. Gross Indecency–audience member!
4. Tragedy: a Tragedy–director, actor
Please send us your rankings by as close to Sunday, October 16th, as you can. We won’t be able to consider any rankings sent in after Tuesday, October 18th.
Thanks so much! We’re excited!